A/W everyday eyes

| On
November 11, 2013


Since I dyed my hair a lilac colour, I have been loving a purple smokey eye for the Autumn/Winter.

You could have probably guess that I am a huge fan of the berry trend this year and cannot leave the house without a purple or red lip. 

For this look I didn't want both a heavy eye with a heavy lip, as it is for an everyday look. This is why I just dabbed on a bit of Revlon lipstick in Viva la Violet onto my lips for a bit of colour. ( I realise my looks look a bit dry but I did apply some lip balm after this photo was taken).

In this look I did my normal makeup routine but added a plum coloured blush to make the whole look match. 



I recently purchased this palette from ELF, and I absolutely love it. It is such good value for money at £15 for 100 colours!! It has a varied amount of matte shadows and shimmers and the pigment of them are really good. The only issue I have found is the fall-out of the eyeshadows is quite a lot, but I just go over my under eyes with concealer and powder and it isn't an issue.



The colours of the palette don't have names, so I have swatched them to reflect the colours.

To start off I used the matte white eyeshadow in the palette across the whole lid as a base. The white is really pigmented in this palette and creates a good base for other eyeshadows.





To create the purple eyelid, I used this shimmery plum coloured eyeshadow onto the outer corners of my eye and worked it into the crease and into the middle of the eye with the ELF blending brush. 




To intensify the eye, I used this shimmery purple colour onto the outer corners of the eye to create a purple smokey eye effect.


To define the crease even futher and to make the eye more smokey and defined I used the matte brown eyeshadow in the palette and blended that really well into the crease. 


And that is literally it! It is so quick and easy and I have been wearing it everyday.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post and has given you some ideas of how to bring some autumnal colours into your everyday makeup!

Sophie xxx







5 comments on "A/W everyday eyes"
  1. Such a cute look!

    theglamaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Such a easy look for autumn colours!
      Sophie xxx

      Delete
  2. Such a cute look! X

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised my comment is exactaly the same as the person above! But it is a cute look lol x

      Delete
    2. Haha it's ok! And thank you!xxx

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

boohoo

Rare London

Follie Follie

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature