Red lip and smokey eye tutorial

| On
May 17, 2014
Hi girlies!
I have been asked to do this tutorial! Sorry it's taken me so long to upload, but  I've had a lot of personal hiccups this week and haven't really been anywhere to actually put makeup on.
However, I did go out and decided to get this up for you! 
Let's jump into it.

Start off by applying your normal foundation and eyebrow routine. The foundation I use is from Amorio cosmetics in the colour 'neutral glow'.

With my eyebrows I used an angled brush and Mac's eyeshadow in the colour 'omega'. (If you would like a more in depth tutorial on my brow/foundation routine, please comment).

I then went on to apply Mac's pigment in 'vanilla' all over my eyelid. With this product I find that it works best when dipping it into Mac's fix+ or for a cheaper alternative eye drops. I applied this with an ELF eyeshadow brush.


I have recently invested in an Urban Decay Naked pallette and I opted for the Naked 2 and I love the gold-tone colours in this pallette.
From this pallette I grabbed 'half-baked' and applied this to the outer half of my eyelid.


I then grabbed 'snakebite' from this pallette and blended this into the outer corner/crease of my eye. Then blend it all out with a fluffy brush!!


I've just bought this L'oreal superliner in brown, as I loved the black one so much. I decided on brown so that it blended a bit better with the gold-tone eyeshadow.


Then apply loads of mascara!!! Wear falsies if you prefer!


Now for my favourite part! Contour and highlighting!! I use Mac's prep and prime in the colour 'light boost' and applied this under my eyes/cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin and on my forehead. I then went onto use a Bobbi Brown foundation stick in the colour 'honey', in the hollows of my cheeks, on my temples and the sides of my chin. 


AND BLEND!!


Then powder! I use (a very tatty) stay matte powder by Revlon in 'translucent'.


To deepen my contour I used this Clarins bronzer. All the writing has come off so I don't know the colour or actual name :( 


For blush I used this Revlon blush in 'blushing berry'.


Now for the lips. I wanted to go for a vampy red lip. So I started off by applying Mac's lipliner in 'vino'.


I went over the top of this with Mac's matte lipstick in 'viva glam 1'. I think this was a Nicki Minaj's collection which I also think was limited addition:( sorry guys! But I know Rimmel's Kate Moss collection has a similar colour.


ET VOLIA! The finished result!! (I did apply a brown eyeliner in my waterline, which I forgot to add in pictures).


Hope you all enjoy and I will hopefully get the Kylie Jenner inspired makeup up for you ASAP! 
Lots of love,
Soph xxx


4 comments on "Red lip and smokey eye tutorial"
  1. Looks lovely and so simple :) That Bobbi Brown foundation stick looks amazing!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just thought it was an easy glam look!
      And the Bobbi brown foundation is really good. Really creamy so blends in lovely

      Delete
  2. Great tutorial! You look so gorgeous.. I so want to try Vanilla out it looks stunning on you xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

boohoo

Rare London

Follie Follie

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature