Anastasia Beverly Hills - Cream Contour Palette in Fair: Review

| On
February 17, 2016
I'm a bit late on the band wagon with this but recently got my hands on the Anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour palette in fair.
With that in mind I thought I'd give my opinion on this product and let you all know if I think its worth the hype.
So with that being said,

Lets begin....



*Swatch of the 3 contour colours: Fawn, Shadow & Mink

*Swatch of the 3 highlighting colours: Soft light, Lustre & Fair.

Lets start with my first impressions. Lets face it, this palette is beautiful. But for Anastasia Beverly Hills and at the price point of £39.99, I didn't expect anything less. At first glance I also loved how cool the contour colours were, especially for my pale skin and comparing it to their 'Light' contour palette.

The pros of this palette. My first time I used it I loved how cool the contours were, as I've said. The cooler tones, on my skin look a lot more natural, especially for everyday cream contouring. I also really liked the texture of these on swatch, they are really creamy and the lighter shades are really easily blended. Another this I liked about this palette is that it includes a shimmer colour in the highlights. I thought this was a really nice touch and looks lovely as a cream base for any powder highlight.

The cons of this palette. Honestly, in my opinion, I was really under enthused by this palette. I think maybe because I had heard such good reviews and had been waiting so long to try it that I had such high hopes. Personally, the contour colours are not as blendable as the highlighting colours and can come off as 'muddy' looking on the face if not properly blended. I did say in the pros that I liked the cooler tones and that it looked natural - which it does - but the blending process to make it look natural takes FOREVER!!! I also found that the highlighting shades creased and lay heavy under my eyes. I was so disappointed as it is such a luxury product and I love Anastasia Beverly Hills and brand. I mean who knows, maybe a different colour palette might suit me better and I got the wrong shades??

Overall, it is a lovely palette in the sense the colour selection is good and is versatile. However, for the price point I was very underwhelmed with it and probably wouldn't spend that much on a cream contour palette and just get different colour foundation sticks. Saying that, I will probably wear this now and again especially on a night out.

If you have any questions please feel free to leave them down below!

Love,
Soph xx






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

boohoo

Rare London

Follie Follie

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature