Skincare Routine: Eczema Edition

| On
January 24, 2016
With the cold weather well and truly here, us eczema sufferers know that this is when our skin suffers. I've made a post of what I've found over the years has worked for me and hopefully will work for you!
Let's begin...

Being the makeup lover that I am, finding a makeup remover that doesn't dry out my skin has always been a bug bear of mine, until I found Garnier Micellar Water. 


This has been an absolute God send in taking my makeup off before washing! It's so gentle, even on my eyes (which are also eczema prone). Recommend for those struggling with wipes and other makeup removers that claim to be for 'sensitive skin'. On a side note - I recently tried the Garnier Micellar Water wipes and really don't get along with them, only recommend the actual water.

After I've taken my makeup off with the Micellar water, I then wash my face to remove any excess makeup. For this I use the No7 beautiful skin cleansing balm. 


For my skin, I like to use a balm to cleanse my skin instead of a wash or any harsher scrubs. This balm, I find, puts moisture back into my skin after washing and doesn't make my skin feel tight or dehydrated. In my opinion, No7 skincare products are highly underrated and I love their range for sensitive skin.
No7 Cleansing Balm

Possibly the most important part of my skin care routine is moisturiser.
For my face, I tend to reach for the richer creams especially in the colder months. At the moment I haven't found a holy grail facial moisturiser but I do have a few I like. The one I'm using at the moment is Avéne Hydrance Optimale.


I am enjoying this at the moment but feel like it doesn't completely sink into my skin. However, do recommend for those with sensitive skin. If you have any suggestions of facial moisturisers please comment below!

On that note, I have 100% found my holy grail body moisturiser and recommend it to anyone with dry or eczema prone skin!! I've tried everything from drug store moisturisers to prescribed ointments and the only thing that works for me is Aveeno lotion. 


This moisturiser was recommended to my by a dermatologist and haven't looked back (I actually use this on my face too!) It is made from oats so is completely natural and works wonders on dry skin. Highly recommend.

Showering has always posed a problem with regards drying out my skin. A lot of shower gels that claim to be 'sensitive skin' contain a lot of chemicals that subsequently dry out the skin. Because of this I use medicated shower gel called Oilatum. 


Granted it's not the most luxurious shower gel, but it does what it says on the tin, which includes moisturising my skin. This can also be bought in local chemists and supermarkets, and works really well.

There are also a few basic bits in my skincare routine that I recommend. Vaseline is one of them, not only can it be used on lips, as I have eczema around my eyes, Vaseline is so sensitive that it moisturises even around the eyes. Sudocrem is also a huge help, especially for sore flare ups in awkward areas. It heals and protects without irritation.

Hope this helps, please let me know your tips and tricks for eczema in the Winter I would love to know!!

Love, Soph xxx



3 comments on "Skincare Routine: Eczema Edition"
  1. I use the Garnier Micellar Water as well, I love how gentle it is!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely a holy grail!
    Soph xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Article! Thanks for sharing your valuable post. I recommend this.
    Find best treatment Skincare for eczema prone skin

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

boohoo

Rare London

Follie Follie

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature